Nordic Naturals Now Available!
Dr. Becky and Dr. Mead are thrilled to announce the addition of Nordic Naturals supplements to Bear Chiropractic! Nordic Naturals is a leading line of fish oil supplements that produce results and won't leave behind funky flavored, fishy burps.
Why Do I Need Fish Oil/Essential Fatty Acid Supplements?
Essential Fatty Acids are nutritional cornerstones of human health. Two major families of fats are comprised under this designation, omegas 3 and 6. They are deemed "essential" because we need them for proper health—much like certain vitamins and minerals—but cannot produce them on our own. We must therefore consume these fats through diet or supplementation.
Most people associate omega-3s with cardiovascular health, but their benefits go far beyond the heart. The two main omega-3s—eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)—promote a healthy immune response that is behind the relief of many chronic conditions but that is too often inhibited by poor nutrition. Extensive research has documented the health benefits of EPA and DHA, which include not only a healthy heart, but brain and cognitive function, joint mobility, eye health, pregnancy and lactation, healthy skin and hair, and a normally functioning immune response.
Despite the great health benefits of omegas, individuals around the world suffer from omega–3 deficiency, a little–known problem to most people, but one that is counted as the 8th leading cause of preventable death in the US, among dietary, lifestyle, and metabolic risk factors. Omega–3 deficiency stems in large part from the growing unavailability of foods rich in these nutrients—principally fish—and because of the increasing popularity of the Western diet worldwide. While most diets prior to the 20th century contained a relative balance of omega–3 and omega–6 rich foods, the typical Western diet today contains far more of the omega–6s. In fact, Americans have the lowest intake of omega-3 essential fatty acids of any developed country—the typical American diet contains 14–25 times more omega–6s than omega–3s!
What Are the Benefits of Fish Oil Supplementation?
The research-backed benefits of fish oil include:
For the Heart • Supports circulation and healthy blood vessel function • Promotes the metabolism of dietary fat and cholesterol • Supports a healthy heart rhythm • Promotes healthy triglyceride levels in healthy individuals • Is natural and safe for long-term use
Brain and Mood
• Supports healthy brain function • Promotes positive mood and well-being • Supports memory and learning ability • Supports focus and attention • May help slow the progression of age-related memory loss • Protects nerve and brain cells from oxidative stress and damage • Is natural and safe for long-term use
For the Eyes
• Promotes healthy eyes and vision • Supports healthy tissue moisture and tear production • Protects against age-related oxidative damage • Maintains fluid and flexible eye cells and tissues • Can help alleviate dryness and redness • Is natural and safe for long-term use
Back and Joints
• Promotes back and joint health • Promotes joint mobility and flexibility • Supports internal repair systems that operate in response to physical stress • Is natural and safe for long-term use
• Promotes a healthy immune response • Supports internal repair systems that operate in response to stress and injury • Is natural and safe for long–term use
Pregnancy and Lactation
• Promotes the healthy development of the fetal brain, eyes, nervous system • Promotes positive mood and well-being for mothers • Supports healthy birth weight and gestational length • Promotes attention and focus in infants and children • Supports healthy immune system development • Is natural and safe for long-term use
Hair, Skin and Nails
• Nourishes skin, hair, and nails • Protects against age–related damage • Hydrates skin by retaining natural moisture • Protects against free radicals • Stimulates production of healthy skin cells • Supports a clear and healthy complexion • Is natural and safe for long-term use
• Enhances cardiovascular function and circulation • Promotes joint flexibility and mobility • Supports optimal fat metabolism and body composition • Enhances exercise performance, endurance, and recovery • Is natural and safe for long–term use
• Protects against free radicals • Supports digestive and gastrointestinal health • Is natural and safe for long–term use
• Omega–3 consumption in pregnancy may reduce the risk of allergies in children • Omega–3 consumption in pregnancy may reduce the risk of colds in infants • Omega–3 consumption may support learning